Latin American School of Medical Sciences Undergraduate Medical Scholarships – Cuba
- are for undergraduate Medical Scholarships to study in medicine offered by the Cuba government.
- Applicants need to be high school graduates, 18 to 25 years old, from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- The ability to speak Spanish is not required. Students who do not speak spanish spend upto four months immersed in the language after arriving in Havana.
- The Latin American School of Medical Sciences (LASMS) educates a minimum of 500 doctors each year — for free.
- The program of The Latin American School of Medical Sciences is based on intensive advising and tutoring designed to help every student succeed.
- Students must pass competency exams at appropriate points in their course of study.
- The six-year medical school program, begins every September and is divided into 12 semesters.
- Students study at the LASMS campus for the first two years, and then go to another of Cuba’s 21 medical schools, which are located throughout the island, to complete their studies.
- The Cuban medical training model combines theory and practice and is oriented toward primary care, community medicine and hands-on internships.
- In order to register and get a scholarship in the Latin American School of Medical Sciences (Escuela Latinoamericana de Medicina – ELAM) interested candidates must go to the Cuban diplomatic missions in their respective countries and ask for the information.
Taipei Univeristy (TMU) Medical Scholarships
International students may apply for TMU Medical Scholarships. We accept applications for TMU scholarship along with admission applications. Students’ previous academic performance, extra-curriculum activities, work experience, financial situation and other achievements will all be considered as crucial for first year scholarship. Students will begin to receive their scholarship after they have enrolled and registered at TMU. Scholarship recipients will receive their scholarship starting from September to August of next year. Recipients will need to re-submit applications for scholarship each year. Students’ academic performance, international students’ activity attendance, working project attitude and financial condition while attending TMU will be taken into consideration for scholarship eligibility each year.
The types of medical scholarships available
- Medical Scholarships A):Tuition waiver plus monthly stipend of NTD25,000 for one year, scholarship recipients need to pay their insurance, rent and living expenses by themselves or from their monthly stipend.
- Medical Scholarships B): Monthly allowance NTD 25,000 for one year, recipients need to pay tuition and fees, insurance, rent and living expenses by themselves or from their monthly stipend.
- Medical Scholarships C):Tuition waiver plus monthly stipend of NTD12,000 for one year, scholarship recipients need to pay their insurance, rent and living expenses by themselves or from their monthly stipend.
- Medical Scholarships D): Tuition and Fees waiver, no monthly allowance. Recipients will need to pay for their insurance, rent and living expenses.
- latin american school of medicine scholarship for international students